Frequently Asked Questions

What are your office hours?

Monday to Friday:   8.30a – 4.00p

What are the fees for your service?

Each educator operates as an independent childcare worker, and provides care in an environment that is unique to the service they provide.  For this reason, each one of our educators independently set their own fees.  Parents are required to discuss the cost of care directly with the educator.

What is the procedure if my Educator is unavailable?

When your educator is unavailable and care is still required, please contact our office to arrange for an alternate educator.  One of our coordinators will organise for another educator to provide care for your children where possible.

What are the child ratios at your service?

An educator may provide care for a maximum of four (4) children under school age, including their own children. In addition to the four (4) children, educators may provide care for three (3) children of school age (including their own children under the age of 13).

What is Child Care Benefit?

Child Care Benefit (CCB) is a payment from the Australian Government that helps you with the cost of child care. You can choose to receive CCB as an annual lump sum payment or as weekly reduced child care fees.

Eligibility basics

  • use approved or registered child care
  • be responsible for paying the child care fees
  • have immunised your child (or have a valid exemption)

What is the Child Care Rebate?

The Child Care Rebate (CCR) is a payment from the Government that helps working families with the cost of child care. If you use approved child care for work, training or study-related purposes the Government covers 50 per cent of your out-of-pocket costs up to $7500 per child per year.

Eligibility Basics

  • You use a Child Care Benefit approved child care service
  • you are eligible for Child Care Benefit for approved care, even if you earn too much to receive payment, and
  • you and your partner meet the Work, Training, Study test or are exempt from it

You can estimate your CCB and CCR entitlements by using the Child Care Estimator on the Department of Human Services website.